US EPA Wastes Page- http://www.epa.gov/epawaste/index.htm
Wastewater…Sewage in Your Face - http://www.sandiego.gov/mwwd/kids/
The Green Schools Initiative - http://greenschools.net/
The Greens, a site for kids looking after the planet - http://www.meetthegreens.org/
Tox Town - http://www.toxtown.nlm.nih.gov/
Endangered Species Coalition - http://www.stopextinction.org/
Use Less Stuff - http://www.deq.state.ok.us/mainlinks/uls/index.htm
The Practical Environmentalist - http://www.practicalenvironmentalist.com/
The Greens Activity Guide, available to download at www.pbskids.org/greens
Who’s using CFLs? Visit www.18seconds.org and type in your zip code. The site will compare your location against the rest of the country in the number of CFLs purchased and calculates dollars and pounds of CO2 saved. (The Web site name comes from the fact that it takes only 18 seconds to change out a light bulb and make a difference.)
Leave No Trace www.lnt.org
The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics is an educational, nonprofit organization dedicated to the responsible enjoyment and active stewardship of the outdoors by all people, worldwide.
- Is committed to the enjoyment, health and protection of recreational resources on natural lands for all people;
- Believes that education is the best means to protect natural lands from recreational impacts while helping maintain access for recreation and enjoyment;
- Is founded on outdoor ethics whereby a sense of stewardship is gained through understanding and connecting with the natural world;
- Believes that practicing the Leave No Trace principles is the most relevant and effective long-term solution to maintaining the beauty, health of, and access to natural lands;
- Is science-based and builds ethical, pragmatic approaches to resource protection for varying types of outdoor recreation and enjoyment;
- Strives to build key partnerships that support education programs, training and communities of volunteers, educators, land managers, organizations and corporations committed to teaching and instilling the values of Leave No Trace;
- Is inclusive, for all people, and focused on all non-motorized recreation activities occurring on natural lands;
- Is apolitical and dedicated to education;
- Does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, marital status, military status or disability;
- Remains committed to its mission, core values, projects and programs without deviation.
Leave No Trace is an national and international program designed to assist outdoor enthusiasts with their decisions about how to reduce their impacts when they hike, camp, picnic, snowshoe, run, bike, hunt, paddle, ride horses, fish, ski or climb. The program strives to educate all those who enjoy the outdoors about the nature of their recreational impacts as well as techniques to prevent and minimize such impacts. Leave No Trace is best understood as an educational and ethical program, not as a set of rules and regulations.